Graduate Development Program
Applications for the 2013 Graduate Development Program are now closed.
The Australian Government is committed to action that will safeguard and sustain our environment and support our economy. Do you want to be part of the action and change the world, one degree at a time?
The department leads the development and coordination of Australia's climate change and energy efficiency policy and is responsible for policy advice, policy implementation, program delivery and regulatory oversight in four areas:
- reducing Australia's greenhouse gas emissions
- improving Australia's energy efficiency
- adapting to climate change
- helping to shape a global climate change solution.
About the Graduate Development Program
Our Graduate Development Program is a 10-month learning and development program that prepares you for a career with the department and the Australian Public Service.
All graduate positions are located in Canberra. We offer you professional development through three work rotations and a comprehensive learning and development program, designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge that will place you in a highly competitive position on completion of the program.
The graduate year commences in early February and ends in December.
The Graduate Development Program offers you a range of benefits:
- an innovative, dynamic and supportive workplace that deals with some of the most important environmental issues in Australia today
- the opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of new policies and programs which could have a national or/and international impact
- a work environment that will enable you to develop your personal and professional skills
- support networks from across the department including senior mentors and a dedicated Graduate Management team
- work that provides you with real challenges and opportunities to use your skills and knowledge in a meaningful way
- a diverse set of work placements throughout the department
- a customised Induction Program that enables you to hit the ground running.
You will also receive:
- a competitive remuneration package with advancement upon successful completion of our Graduate Development Program
- assistance in relocating to Canberra (if applicable)
- flexible working arrangements and excellent conditions in a department which values a work-life balance
- rewarding work experience in a friendly, team-oriented workplace.
Key dates for the 2014 program will be advised soon.